Good Practice Guidelines: Names
- Naming systems in ethnic groups may differ greatly from western conventions. Do not assume that the last name is always a surname.
- Take your lead from a patient or member of staff and use their preferred name. Make a note of this in patients' case notes for future reference.
- If you are not sure how to spell a patient's name, then ask them to write it out for you on a card, to ensure that it is spelt correctly in their records.
- Many ethnic groups do not give their child a permanent name for some time after birth; receiving a name is often a time of celebration and ritual involving the community. It is important to make a note of any temporary names and amend records when a child receives a permanent name.
- A name is a very important part of somebody's identity. Never use a familiar name, nickname or shortened version unless specifically asked to do so – always use a title and family name at least. This is especially important when addressing members of the opposite gender or older members of a group.
Wisin Y Yande are known for their all time hits like ''Pam Pam'' ''Zun Zun Rompiendo Caderas'' and ''Llamé Pa'' Verte (Bailando Sexy)''. They have gone onto create various jingles for renowned products and brands like Absolut Vodka. After the release of their album Los Extraterrestres the band embarked on to an international tour which strengthened their staging skills further. In 2008 they won several awards at Premios Juventud ceremony. Their live concerts are certainly not worth missing out on so get hold of your Cheap Wisin Y Yande Tickets soon.