Information And Resources: Site News
19 May. 04: Ethnicity Online officially launched
Ethnicity Online was officially launched at the Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire Diversity Network Annual Conference 2004, held on 19 May, 2004, at Chilford Hall, Linton, Cambridgeshire.
Delegates were treated to a day of glorious sunshine, pleasant surroundings and inspirational talks and workshops, including a moving keynote speech by Michael McGrath – the first person with a disability to reach both the North and South Poles.
Dr David Stone and Mr Cliff Walker, the Joint Chairs of our Advisory Group, were present to give their support, and Dr Stone took to the stage to officially launch the site with a presentation on the history, content and usage patterns of the site. The Ethnicity Online project team were on hand to demonstrate the site, hand out publicity material and answer queries from delegates. The day was a great success and a wonderful opportunity to meet some of the people who use the site in training programmes and their everyday work.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our Advisory Group for their help, advice and support during the past year, the Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire Workforce Development Confederation (NSCWDC) for having the vision to fund the project and the numerous individuals who have made suggestions and encouraged us with their feedback.
We are also happy to announce the start of a second phase of development, again kindly funded by the NSCWDC. This second phase will allow the team to refine current content and add more information and resources to the site between April and September 2004.
New content currently in development includes:
- a comprehensive review of Christianity and the specific healthcare needs of some Christian denominations,
- a section on interpreters, interpretation and translation (in conjunction with CINTRA),
- a user guide to the site, helping you to find information quickly,
- translations of selected site content into other languages, making the site accessible to an even wider audience,
- more resources, links and books.
With the recently secured funding, the project team has been able to regroup, and two new faces have joined the team. Anna Skilbeck joins as a new part-time administrator, while Sue Wells-Martin will be researching and writing content for the site.
From left to right: Ethnicity Online team members Sue Danson, Helen Burchmore, Dr David Stone (Joint Chair of Advisory Group), Karen Wells and Rosemary Boddington standing in front of some the Ethnicity Online publicity material.
Dr David Stone talking to another exhibitor at the conference.
Helen Burchmore (left), Rosemary Boddington (middle) and Karen Wells (right).
- Ethnicity Online is demonstrated at Fifth NSCWDC Stakeholder Event (2 Apr)
- <Ethnicity Online team give presentation at BME Network meeting (16 Dec.)
- Ethnicity Online featured in Independent diversity supplement (28 Nov.)
- Video interviewing of volunteers continues for Ethnicity Online (10 Sep.)
- Dr David Stone visits Ethnicity Online project team (29 Jul.)
- Advisory Group 'appointed' for ethnicity website project (30 May)
- Ethnicity Online's project manager visits BME Network (20 May)
The Grammy Winner American singer Marc Anthony thrills the music fans with his phenomenal singing and songwriting skills. The versatile artist having talent of singing and acting gained widespread fame and recognition for his salsa music. His striking beats and conversational lyrics have made his music massively popular. The Hot Tropical Artist of the Year has got the most #1 singles on the Billboard Tropical Chart. Husband of the Hollywood''s very famous actressJennifer Lopez and the owner of the NFL teamMiami Dolphins this charismatic artist has a huge fan following. Get the American Airline Arena Marc Anthony Tickets and enjoy the enchanting live performance!