Patient Information: Treatment Charges
Read this page in: Bengali/Sylheti , Farsi , Mandarin Chinese , Portuguese , Urdu
6. Are there any charges for my treatment?
Almost all treatment offered by the NHS is free. Exceptions to this are:
- Prescriptions. These currently cost £6.40 per item (unless you are entitled to free or low-cost medicines).
- Dental treatment. The NHS does not pay for dental check-ups, but may pay part of the cost of dental treatment. Ask your dentist to explain this to you. A check up currently costs about £20.00.
- Eye tests, glasses and contact lenses. The NHS does not pay for eye tests, glasses or contact lenses unless you are on a low income, over 60 or otherwise exempt from paying for treatment. A sight test currently costs about £20.00.
- Transport to and from hospital. If a doctor has agreed that you are entitled to patient transport services, you can be picked up and brought home from hospital by the patient transport staff. Otherwise you must arrange your own travel. If you have to go into hospital, ask your doctor for information about transport.
However, some people are entitled to help with the cost of their prescriptions, transport and other costs. You may be entitled to reduced costs or free treatment if you are:
- over 60 years old
- on a low income
- a child or still in full-time education
- a pregnant woman or a new mother
- suffering from a long-term medical condition
A leaflet that explains the current charges can be found here (in English):
NHS charges information leaflet
The most enchanting event Big Four involves the four best bands performing together on one stage. ''The Big 4'' include the amazing American band ''Metallica'' which is the 4th best selling band having 5 consecutive albums at #1. The five times Grammy nominated band ''Slayer'' and the popular ''Thrashdeth'' which elevated the thrash metal genre are also the members of this tour. Lastly another band ''Anthrax'' which also focuses of the thrash metal is also a part of it. All these successful bands emerged in the same time period- the early eighties. They will now rock the stage together providing you the best metal experience ever. Cheap Big 4 Tickets are a must for all the metal listeners.
For the hardcore food lovers and those who are not, here comes a man who knows it all. We are talking about popular American chef and author Anthony Bourdain. He is a well-known television celebrity and best-selling author of food related books. He is primarily known for preparing exotic ethnic dishes, and presenting food delights from different regions of the world. His culinary and cultural adventure program titled Anthony Bourdain No Reservations has earned him widespread popularity. Now, you can be a part of his informative and interesting shows by booking some Anthony Bourdain Tickets from here. Through these lively and vibrant shows, you can learn about the food and eating patterns in different areas. You can also get Bourdain''''s advice about your food and lifestyle in the question and answer session. This will truly be an informative experience, so go for it!